Tuesday, August 9, 2011

From my journal 8/3/11

Time to play catch up again. We've had a lot of down time recently, which has been filled with equal amounts of sleeping and shopping. I did document all interesting adventures in my journal and that's what I'll write about here for you to enjoy...
Photobucket

8/3/11

Today was our first full day in Thailand.  We took a bus to a teak wood carving shop and saw the neatest things being made out of coconuts! Lamps, purses, cooking utensils, you name it, they made it.
Photobucket
After we stopped there we went to the largest floating market in Thailand, to get there we had to take long boats over alligator infested waters!
Photobucket
These boats were going at least 35-40+ mph! Each boat had 6 students in it and had to be balanced just right, if one person moved you felt the whole boat shift.
Photobucket
Photobucket
After we shopped for a little bit we went to a buffet for lunch then went to an elephant show.
Photobucket
These elephants may be the worlds most talented animals ever.  They raced, played soccer, danced, attempted head stands and even tried to talk!
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was the coolest thing I have ever seen.
Plus -- I got to ride an elephant. Life goal COMPLETE!
So happy.
I wanted to dance and scream and cry with joy.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment